Thursday, March 1, 2007

Confusion at The Coney

Well, I don't know who dropped the ball here, but I have to say that the Coney beer sampling was not as advertised by someone.

I showed up at 9pm, only to be told the beer tasting wasn't going to be until 10 or 10:30 ... NOT the 9-11pm stated by the Vecenie email. Apparently, tonight was poker night in the VIP room, and they don't finish until 10 or so. Vecenie reps hadn't even shown up yet.

My apologies to all those who showed up around 9pm (like me), but that's the information we were given. Apparently The Coney beer tastings are aimed at the college crowd, since I can't see many of our members showing up at 10:30 on a Thursday night (and having to pay a cover, to boot) to try 3 or 4 beers.

Let's hope for better next time.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Ouch.

A cover charge even?

I asked the guy on the phone when I first called if there was a charge and he said no. I assumed he was right, seeing that he had important duties like phone answering.